Thursday, October 8, 2009

Once was Lost but...

We found her! With a stroke of sheer ingenuity, we set a trap and I'll be darned if it worked. We set her cage on the floor and opened the door, which gave her a ramp to climb back into the cage. We baited the cage with some apples slices (dabbed with peanut butter) and carrots. Then, the for the piece de resistance, we wrapped the "ramp" in aluminum foil, so that someone would hear the little critter scampering around.

There was one false alarm (the dog) as she nested into the top cushions of our couch...that she's not supposed to be on. Then, after all the lights were out, at around 11:30pm, I heard a scratchy sound coming from Brady's bedroom. I hopped out of bed, ran to his bedroom and peeked in the cage.

There she was, running around the cage with a carrot in her mouth. I slammed the cage door shut as fast as I could.

To quote one of my favorite shows from the 80's... "I love it when a plan comes together."

So Wednesday, we got a friend, Moonshine, to keep her company. Hopefully, it's a "she and she" arrangement...I'll let you know if we have any baby hamsters for the taking over the next few months...

No comments:

Post a Comment