Friday, April 24, 2009

A little Primer on Me...as if you really care.

I have arrived, cornering on two wheels, into my mid-thirties (36 in June, to be precise), married for 10 years (this August)to Mark and the mother to four kids, ages 8, 6, 3, and 6 months (girl, boy, girl, boy). I stay at home. With four kids. Hell, I'd have to pull in some serious bills just to pay for their childcare at this point. At one point though, it was a choice, one I occasionally struggle with, but it is the one I made and I am sticking with it...for now.

I'm giving you the cliff notes version because as I've said, it's not ME that's interesting, it's the stuff that happens around me that I can't help but shake my head at. Sometimes in amusement, sometimes in disbelief, occasionally in disgust. In fact, I casually mentioned to a friend that I had started a blog, interested to see her reaction, and she looked at me quizzically and said, "do you really think you're that interesting?" I laughed. "Thanks a lot, and no, I don't." Little did she know at the time that she'd make my second post. "No, but you are." was my immediate thought, withheld, of course, with a chuckle.

In (almost) all seriousness though, my opinion of bloggers is that they fall into one of three categories:


1) They have an inflated sense of self worth, and feel that this is a way of making their mark on the world. Seriously, if you were that good, surely you'd put a pen to paper and write a book or article or something and get published by something other than some free, internet based, blogspot.

2) They want to sway the opinions of (a group) of people and thanks to the internet, can reach and feed, on a massive scale, those with whom they connect. There are plenty of colleges with empty street corners from which to preach...pick your favorite flavor kool-aid, someone will follow.

3) They find themselves peppered with amusing material, but don't have the connections to push it to Hollywood and turn it into a sitcom...making millions, and retiring early to live the remainder of their days in some small, tropical oasis. Man, if I could make millions on this stuff, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Of course, I'd donate half to charity and put the other half to fund my four kids' college education. But I have delusions of reality, not grandeur, so here I will sit...and type, until my computer battery dies or my kids wake up.

You'll note, that I added the "reactions" section at the bottom, and created three responses, should you be motivated enough to click on one, feel free but don't feel like you have to. You can comment all you want, give me feedback, give me hell, give me the Key to Oz...it's your world, I'm just living in it. And writing about it.

2 comments:

  1. you failed to mention you own a dog and two goldfish - but maybe that's because you forgot you had them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't mean to click who cares!!!!! Was trying to see who clicked it before!!!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete