Monday, November 9, 2009

Houston, We Have A Problem

My computer crashed. Not only did it crash, but my hard drive burned up. No flames, but it did have a nasty burned electronics smell to it. The lovely gentleman, Jim, from TechWizards, was kind enough to explain to me that it was perfectly safe to toss my hard drive, as there was "no way in hell" anyone could get anything off of it. it's not that I have/had anything worthy of a security clearance on my computer, but it would have been nice to back up those last few sets of pictures I had downloaded. Including AJ's first birthday...

And my Christmas card address list and labels document.

December is going to be ugly in the Elms house trying to round up all that information again. If you don't get a card, you'll know why.

So now the question is...do I stay with a PC (as Jim recommended) or do I make the bold leap to a Mac (HA! there's a Mac commercial on in the background as I write this...coincidence??). Anyone out there with any suggestions on what to do, please send them my way....

1 comment:

  1. go MAC. I've purchased only two MACs in 17 years... and they only make them better. No viruses, no spyware, comes with lots of cool software ready to go : ) Computer problems are too stressful, PCs are cheaper, but come with way more headache. Sorry 2 hear about the photos... : (

    ReplyDelete